Are You Looking for Love After 40?... Here's What You Need To Know
As a certified dating coach and licensed marriage and family therapist of over almost 30 years, I love helping women over 40, 50, and 60 find love!
Let me share a few facts with you:
- According to AskMen, 95% of men see marriage as a "life goal"
- 35% of Americans over 35 are NOT married
- According to Match.com, 40 million Americans use online dating as a means to find someone special to date
- Remarriage is on the rise: 40% of marriages involve a spouse who has been married previously
- 59% of Americans say that online dating is a good way to meet a potential match
- 45+ daters is the largest growing segment of online daters
- In the first eight months of 2013 there was a 93% increase of 50+ online dating subscribers
- And in a 2011 world-wide study of 25,000 married or couples living together 37% of those 60+ met online!
After figuring this whole dating and love thing out for myself after 50 (and yep, we met online), it is very exciting to see other women open their hearts and minds to changing perspectives, and old, counterproductive habits. Actively seeking life with a partner means widening your comfort zone a little bit at a time, because a limited comfort zone might feel safe but it doesn't take you anywhere. The excitement of exploring new possibilities with a guide you feel truly connected to is that you get to pursue your dream guy and feel safe at the same time.
Look, I won't tell you it's easy like it was in your 20s or 30s. You have to really want love. It takes time, patience, a strong desire for the right partner, plus a willingness to compromise. Personally, it was worth every cup of coffee and inconvenient glass of wine because I've never been happier. You can achieve anything if you're willing to do what it takes.
And let's face it, finding love is competitive but your odds of meeting "the one" increase exponentially by partnering up first with an experienced professional who is dedicated to your dating success and happiness!
You'll find out:
How to discover the secrets to getting a second (and third) date
How to flirt (yes, it's a skill I can teach you!)
How to maximize personal and relationship love and well-being
How to recognize red flags, or someone looking to take advantage of you
How to screen for "partner potential" from the very first date
The secrets to successful online dating
How to move beyond self-sabotage and fears so you can go after what you want
How to gain the confidence you need to take control of your love life
Why dating "your type" might be the very reason you're still single